Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Famous Book Blogger Josie Ann reviews Hirens Magical Adventure


Title:  Hirens Magical Adventure
Author:  Kathleen Patel
Genre:  Fiction; Young adult; Fantasy; Adventure


My Rating:  5/5

Summary:  When Hiren starts to misbehave his parents decide to send him back to India to learn about his heritage and culture. He reluctantly says good bye to his friends and family and goes on the journey of a lifetime. He learns about fascinating traditions that date back thousands of years. He meets a mysterious girl that shows him some of the magic in India. She introduces him to the exotic animals friends in the jungle and teaches him about the magical meditation that enables them to leave their bodies and let their spirits travel through the universe.  He also encounters some ghostly family secrets wrapped in mysticism and mystery. But in the end, he learns that love truly conquers all.

Review:  I was asked to review this book by the author, and I'm honestly happy that she approached me because I absolutely loved this book!!  I loved the cover of this book, because if anyone knows me, they know that I have a huge soft spot for tigers.  Anyway, in Hirens Magical Adventure, Hiren is sent to India by his parents to stay with his grandparents for the summer, to learn to appreciate his heritage.  Before Hiren went to India, I sympathized with him, because it just seemed to me as if he really didn't understand why his family had to be different than any other American families.  When Hiren went to India, he stayed with Dadee and Dadoo, which I learned is an Indian tradition as to what you would refer to your grandma and grandpa as.  As the story went on, I was super anxious to find out all about the family's secrets and why they were so unaccepting of Dimpi and Pratibha.  I loved the fact that this book kept me on the edge of my seat, and kept me wanting more.  If you read this book, not only will you enjoy it, but you will learn about the Indian culture, which I appreciated so much.


No comments: